Here is my site:
It’s strange for this artist to be working so hard on a project which will not result in a painting. Tree Futures, the outdoor installation described in my previous post, is more like working on software development than painting a picture. Who will do what when, what has to happen first, what supplies, how many hands needed and most of all, making the design flexible enough to accommodate last-minute changes.
I’ve been fortunate in getting help with materials and fabrication:
- Biodegradable plastic bags from The Revere Group
- Materials and fine finish carpentry from Jonathan Cluts
- Cedar wood chips from Pacific Topsoils Inc.
- a huge variety of well-worn work gloves from friends, family, fellow artists, businesses and various community environmental non-profits like Mountains to Sound Greenway, Manson Construction Company and Seattle Tilth
- and the stalwart friends who will turn out to help on installation day June 18
Here are the beginnings of some of the assemblies: